Carotenes are specifically found in vegetables and fruits, with beta-carotene found in those which are dark orange or green. Some are precursors to Vitamin A and beta-carotene has antioxidant qualities, helping to minimize the damage caused by free radicals.
Free radicals are produced by the body when you breathe, digest food, exercise, or even sleep. They are naturally occurring as they are created by emotional stress, ultraviolet light, radiation, and air pollution. Free radicals damage the body by causing deterioration of the cells, lowering the defenses against diseases, and putting the body into a stress state. To counter the effect of free radicals, a balance of antioxidants is required. The most important Antioxidants include Beta-carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Zinc, Selenium, and components found in certain plants including Turmeric, and Ginkgo Biloba.
Features of SOLGAR Beta Carotene 11000 IU
- Potent source of antioxidants
- Natural and oceanic form of Beta-carotene
- Contains Alpha-carotene, Beta-carotene, and other carotenoids
- Helps to minimize damage caused by free radicals
- Free of Gluten, Wheat, Yeast, Sugar, Salt, Artificial Flavors, Artificial Sweeteners, Artificial Preservatives, Artificial Colors
As a dietary supplement for adults, take one (1) softgel daily, preferably with a meal or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.