DrNutrition.com is located in the United Arab Emirates. therefore, your information may become subject to UAE laws. By using the our website, you consent to the transfer of your data overseas and across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. The laws governing data in your home country may differ from those in the countries to which data is transferred. By accessing and using our website, you consent to the transfer of your data in this manner.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information You Provide to Us
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use DrNutrition.com’s website, which is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us (for example, placing an order or enrolling in a subscription program) and to allow us to comply with various legal obligations. Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with all of the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for a drnutrition.com account, we require certain information such as your first and last name, e-mail address, username, and password. You may also provide optional information as part of your profile, including additional contact information, location, etc.
- Order Information. When you place an order on our website or sign up for a subscription service, we may request that you provide additional information such as you’re billing and shipping addresses and phone number.
- Payment Information. To facilitate the processing of payments on our website, we require you to provide certain financial information (for example, your credit card number).
- Communications. When you communicate with us via our website (for example, for customer service inquiries), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Essential Cookies. Certain tags or cookies are necessary in order for drnutrition.com’s Site to operate correctly.
You may choose to provide additional information as part of your profile, such as gender, first and last name, preferred language, personal description, photographs, videos, health statistics, health goals, etc. This information, if you choose to provide it, will be part of your private profile page and will be invisible to others.
- Information We Get from Your Use of Our Site and Services
When you use our Site, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them, such as information about how you use or interact with our website, view or interact with our ads and content, and information about your computer or mobile device. This information may include:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with our website such as the pages or content you view, your searches, and other actions on DrNutrition.com’s Site.
- Device Information. We automatically collect device information when you access our website, even if you have not created a DrNutrition.com account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. Additionally, certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation may be sent to DrNutrition.com when you install or uninstall a certain service or when a service periodically contacts our servers, such as for updates.
- Log Data. Like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including IP addresses, internet service providers, files viewed on our website, operating system versions, device type, and timestamps.
- Local Storage. DrNutrition.com may collect and store information – including personal information – locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
- Location Information. When you use our services, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience for things such as personalized content, language preferences, advertising, or search results. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu; however, if you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. DrNutrition.com may also collect this information even when you are not using our apps if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Payment Transaction Information. DrNutrition.com, or its third-party agents, collects information related to your payment transactions through our website, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date, and billing postcode; PayPal or Payfort e-mail address (if such payment method is used); your address; and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and DrNutrition.com for the provision of payment services.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties
DrNutrition.com, or its third-party agents, may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use DrNutrition.com’s Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through DrNutrition.com’s Site. We do not control, supervise, or respond to how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
- Third-party Services. If you link, connect, or log in to your account (desktop or mobile) with a third-party service (e.g., Gmail), the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is dependent on the privacy policies or settings for those accounts.
- Advertising Partners. Online advertisers or third parties may share information with us to measure, report on, or improve the performance of ads on the DrNutrition.com Site, or to determine what kinds of ads to show you on or off the DrNutrition.com Site.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third-party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive fraud warnings from service providers for fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. Additionally, we may receive information about you and your activities on and off the DrNutrition.com Site through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner advertising networks.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
DrNutrition.com (or our third-party agents) uses, stores, and processes information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop our Site, create and maintain a secure environment, and comply with our various legal obligations.
-Provide, Improve, and Develop DrNutrition.com’s Site and Services
We use the information we collect to provide, improve, and develop drnutrition.com’s Site by, for example:
- Enabling you to access and use our website.
- Operating, protecting, improving, and optimizing our website, services, and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research, part of which may include contacting you via the contact information you have provided to us;
- Offering you a personalized experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing customized ads based on your searches and preferences;
- Contacting you via the contact information you have provided to us regarding order information, subscription status, or other DrNutrition.com Account related questions or support;
- Enabling you to access and use our payment services (e.g., PayPal, Payfort, etc.) to place orders or sign up for subscriptions;
- Providing customer service via convenient avenues, such as chat; and
- Sending you service or support messages.
- Create and Maintain a Secure Environment
We use the information we collect to ensure DrNutrition.com’s Site are secure by, for example:
- Detecting and preventing fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activities;
- Conducting investigations and risk assessments;
- Verifying or authenticating information or identifications provided by you;
- Conducting checks against databases and other information sources;
- Complying with our legal obligations;
- Resolving disputes with any of our users and enforcing our agreements with third parties; and
- Enforcing our other policies, such as Terms & Conditions, and various other policies.
- Provide a Personalized Experience and Improve Our Advertising and Marketing
We use the information we collect to provide a custom user experience through things such as:
- Sending promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate a preference to opt-out of receiving these communications (you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in such e-mails);
- Personalizing, measuring, and improving advertising to be more tailored to your interests in products, training programs, content type, etc.; and
- Administering referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by DrNutrition.com or its third-party business partners.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We work with various third-party partners who help us provide and improve our products and services. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. We have summarized how we share the information we collect below.
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your DrNutrition.com Account.
DrNutrition.com may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with our legal obligations; (ii) comply with legal process and to respond to claims or demands asserted against DrNutrition.com; (iii) respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability; (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms & Conditions or other agreements; (v) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of DrNutrition.com, its employees, or members of the public.
DrNutrition.com uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the DrNutrition.com Site and our services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the United Arab Emirates (“UAE”). For example, services providers may help us: (i) conduct fraud prevention and risk assessments; (ii) perform product development, maintenance, and debugging; (iii) provide customer service, advertising, payment, and transactional services; (iv) help us track website analytics, such as conversion and traffic metrics; and (v) verify information against public databases.
DrNutrition.com may need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you (e.g., name and billing address to complete a transaction and ship your order).
We enter into confidentiality and data processing terms with third-party service providers to ensure they comply with high levels of confidentiality and best practices in privacy and security standards.
DrNutrition.com may share aggregated information (i.e., information about our users that we combine so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, and advertising, and other business purposes. We also provide aggregated statistics and insights that help our vendors and partners understand how people are engaging with their content, listings, products, and other content on the DrNutrition.com Site.
DrNutrition.com also provides advertisers and product vendors with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing on DrNutrition.com’s Site; however, we do not share information that personally identifies you (e.g., information such as your name or e-mail address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers and/or product vendors (e.g., that an ad or product campaign was seen by a male between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Germany and likes weight gainer protein powders) to help them better understand their audience, including their preferences and wants.
Where permissible according to applicable law (and in accordance with your privacy settings), DrNutrition.com may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your e-mail address, to hash it and to share it with social media sites, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our Site, or otherwise promote our products and services or DrNutrition.com’s Site. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest to you. The social media site with which we may share your data are not controlled or supervised by DrNutrition.com; therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider.
THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS & INTEGRATIONS
The DrNutrition.com Site may contain links to third-party websites or services, such as third-party integrations or third-party branded services. DrNutrition.com does not own or control any of these third-party partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the third-party providers, DrNutrition.com, or both. These third-party providers will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
To facilitate our global operations, DrNutrition.com may transfer, store, and process your information within our family of companies, our agents, or with service providers based in various countries, including, but not limited to, Europe, North and South America, India, and the Asia Pacific. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services set forth in our Terms & Conditions. By using our products or services, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those of your home country.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information include firewalls and data encryption; compliance certifications (e.g., annual re-certification of compliance with Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standards); information access control; and thorough security and breach response policies and procedures. In the event of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your DrNutrition.com account, please contact us following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below.
ACCOUNT DATA RETENTION
If you hold an account with DrNutrition.com, we do not delete the data in your account, unless we receive a request from you to do so. You are responsible for the control and time periods for which you retain this data. There are controls in your account where you can delete data. Otherwise, we keep information only so long as we need it to provide the DrNutrition.com Site to you and fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, including our Terms & Conditions. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
SAFETY OF MINORS
Use of DrNutrition.com’s Platform is not intended for and may not be used by individuals under the age of 18 (or under a lower age if permitted by the laws of their residence). DrNutrition.com does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register accounts. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe this has occurred, please contact [email protected] or our Customer Service department.
DrNutrition.com acknowledges your right to access your personal data. Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
You can always update your information in your DrNutrition.com Account or profile by visiting the Account page or updating your DrNutrition.com profile.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (e.g., developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems). Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.