This stainless steel scale is extremely precise and weighs up to 1 gram accurately. With its maximum weighing capacity of up to 5 kilograms and large, stable surface, the KD-400 enables you to weigh even the largest portions.
Features of Tanita Kitchen Scale KD-400
- Space-saving foldaway display design
- Stainless steel surface, easy for cleaning
- High capacity 5kg
1. Open the battery compartment cover (see figure 1) and insert 1X"CR2032 (IEC)" or "5004LC"
battery as indicated. NB. Make sure that the polarity of the battery is correctly aligned.
2. Press the ON/TARE button.
The display will show "8888".
Wait until the display shows "O" before proceeding to weigh item(s).
NB. Make sure you place the item(s) in the center of the tray.
If the weight of the item(s) exceeds the scale's capacity, "EEEE" will appear on the display.
4. Press the OFF button to turn off the power.
5. Auto Power Off
The scale is designed with an auto power-off function for energy efficiency. If the same reading is displayed for more than
10 minutes the scale will automatically turn off.
6. Battery Replacement
If "Lo" appears in the display when attempting to weigh, replace the battery (following previous instructions)
When a mode change is required, press the ON/TARE and OFF buttons simultaneously, and then select the proper mode.
(for the g/oz, g/lb.oz version)
1. The scale is a precision instrument. Do not dismantle the scale and avoid strong vibrations or shocks.
2. Keep away from direct sunlight and heating appliances, eg, oven.
3. When moving the scale to a new location, where the temperature differs from the previous location by more than 10°C
(50°F), leave the scale in the new location for at least 2 hours before using it.
4. Wipe the scale clean with a damp cloth.
5. If the scale is not to be used for a long period of time, remove the battery.